Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Grades

So....I've been calculating and posting grades this week.  One of my students went off the deep end (and over MY head) because he got an A-....seems that an A- vs. an A will keep him from getting a job someday.  Who knew!  I actually had a D in chemistry on my transcripts and managed to land this dandy job.  If I'd only known that I could've whined and threatened litigation to my professor back in the day... I might have talked him into a C!   I mean, he did wear his house slippers to class every day and his lessons consisted of telling us step-by-step directions of punching in problems on a "reverse polish" calculator.  Forget teaching us chemistry-he must have received a new calculator for Christmas and was obsessed with it!  You think I'm kidding, but this is the truth.  I should go back and demand restitution. No telling what kind of career I could've had were it not for that D....

No comments:

Post a Comment